The Second Cohort of FinTecHub (April-October 2021)
The application is open! Be the first to apply!
FinTecHub is a cohort-based model, 6-month acceleration program dedicated to supporting selected Rwandan fintech startups to scale by addressing their needs for skills, partnerships, access to capital and markets, and navigating the regulatory environment.
FinTecHub is an initiative of UNCDF in partnership with ICT Chamber, Kigali Innovation City, MINICT, and MINICOM.
Why should you join the Second Cohort?
FinTecHub participating startups have access to the benefits below:
- Bespoke Technical and Business Support – Startup diagnostic assessment, tailored technical assistance, and business support as well as mentorship.
- Access to market and capital Facilitation – Partnerships and new collaborations facilitation, exposure to the local and international markets, access to financial services facilitation, and a milestone-based grant.
- Bridge with the regulatory – Regulations compliance and advisory, facilitation, and policy advocacy through dialogue with regulators.
- Knowledge Exchange – Community-building engagements with industry experts and peer learning experience.
Who can Apply?
- A registered, post-revenue company or with evidence of customer traction
- A member company of Rwanda ICT Chamber or ready to become a member
- A startup with a fintech product currently in the market (e.g., digital payments & remittances, lending & financing, savings & investments, insurances, etc.)
- A-one pager proposal articulating a technical assistance or business operations issue that FinTecHub can help you address during your 6-months participation in the cohort.
- A list of target partners and new collaborations you are interested in and what support you will need from the FinTecHub to unlock them.
- Company Profile
- Business Pitch Deck
- Stage: Post revenue and in operation for at least one year since product launch.
- Sustainability: A sustainable revenue model
- Scalability: A product/service that can be expanded to other markets
- Inclusion: Have the potential to enhance financial inclusion or contribute to the government’s cashless agenda.
- Team: A committed team of at least (2) two people
- Risk level: No red flags, particularly around impact and consumer protection.
Deadline : 20th April 2021